How to use Hubspot: Merge Contacts
Keep your customer database organized and up-to-date with HubSpot's merge contacts feature. In this blog post, we provide a comprehensive guide to merging duplicate contacts in HubSpot. Learn how to merge contacts and keep your data accurate, efficient, and effective.
Oct 24, 2022
If you're reading this, you may be wondering, can I merge duplicate contacts in Hubspot? The answer is yes, you can merge contacts in Hubspot, and it's a great way to keep information in one place. No matter what - at some point, you'll have the same contact on multiple properties
For example, let's say that you have a lead who signed up for your newsletter but also downloaded an ebook. In this post, we'll walk through how to stay organized and efficient by merging Hubspot contacts. If you don't want to read all this text, you can check out our Driveway guide at the end.
How you can merge duplicate contacts in Hubspot
Search for the contact you want to merge
The first step of merging contacts is finding the contact you want to merge.
1. Click on My Contacts
2. You can search by name or email address. You can also search by company name and/or job title if your contact has a more complicated name.
3. Click "Actions" in the top left, then click "Merge".
Enter the email address of the contact you're merging with
If you're not sure which email address belongs to the contact you want to merge, no problem. You can use HubSpot's search feature to find it.
1. Go into your contacts list and type in one or two characters of the contact's name as well as their company name if applicable.
2. You will now see a list of all emails associated with that person. This is where we'll look for our mystery email!
Press Merge Contacts
The merge contacts button can be found at the bottom of the contact details page.
1. Click the Merge Contact Button
2. Now, HubSpot will take you through a series of questions to determine what data should be merged into a single contact. For example, if you're merging customers from two different companies or vendors, Hubspot will ask if they should have separate customer profiles.
3. Complete all your inputs
4. Press Merge Contacts and wait for it to finish merging your contacts into one master customer profile